CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

December 15, 2008

Well, the trip was PERFECT It was good I guess. So, we fly into the dunes, all 701/2 feet of us, pull up to camp, unload, unpack, put the tires onto the Sandcar, and took a ride. Car ran just fantastic! We got going, road hard, launched it and got some air, Dad drove down the hill, turned the car off and about fifteen minutes later decided to start it back up to head back. Well, slow on the startup but finally starts up but something was not right. It sputtered and wasn't working right and stalled. Attempted to start the car? no. So Mark, the guy we were riding with took Hayden and his son back to camp to get all the guys and bring a truck to tow the car back. I ended up staying with my dad in the freezing car. After about 2 hours, they finally showed up with the truck and trailer. They backed the trailer up to the car, lifted all 2,500 pounds of it on to the trailer, and attempted to leave. The trailer was not big enough and it didn't work. So my dad finally says, "Just leave the car, we will come back in the morning." We then call the tow truck and by now, it's 3:30AM. We get back to camp, Hayden and everyone goes to sleep except Mark and his buddy Scott, who then drive my dad and I to the entrance of the dunes, to wait for the tow truck. At about 4:45 the tow truck comes, with two big guys in it. The truck was like 40 years old and meant for 2 people...not 4. So we all squeeze in and began going out to the dunes. After about 1:30 hours, we pull up on these people with 2WD that have been there for 4 hours, stuck to the frame of the car. We pull them out only to realize, we're 8 miles into the dunes. They show us to where we need to be and THEN The fog rolls in. GREAT ( Not ) You could not see 10 feet in front of yourself. We hop out, can't find the car and then get back in to go back to camp to get the GPS. Well, we find the camping area and can't find camp! We spend 45 mins searching for camp, find camp and pull up. Take a ATV, the GPS, and our luck comes. The Fog rolls away, we find the car and now it's 6AM Saturday morning. Keep in mind my dad and I have now been working with this for since 8PM Friday night. So we find the car, hook it up from the back? NOPE. It would have scratched the car's chrome and paint job. Front? Nope, still would have scratched the car's chrome. So we finally decide we've Got to get the car back, so we get a huge rope and hook it up to the front and drive. We get it back, pay the tow people, and go to sleep at 9AM wake up at 1PM to take a ride. ________________________________________________________


I typed that thing up last night. The trip was fine, we just didn't take the car out. That means I did not video tape at all because I can't hold the camera and ride at the same time. Hopefully I can get a helmet cam sometime soon, that would be awesome! On top of not taking video, I forgot to take my SD card with me, so no pictures. Hayden was too lazy to take pictures so he didn't either. Hayden and I both got our braces today... Hayden's are Blue, mine are Gray / silver. They called it "Smoke." I feel like I was hit in the mouth with a baseball. . . again because these things hurt! And I can't stand the fact I can't eat as many foods as before. Oh well, it's only a year. And Why, oh why do they have to go on a day before my birthday? Oh well, once again, It's only a year. I'm still going to eat cake tomorrow Lol. Well I hope you all enjoy your Christmas Break.




Ohhh yeah, almost forgot. Heres my braces...




6 comments:

Drew said...

sounds pretty sweet to me!

Drew said...

thats a hard question . . . um . . . there's a lot I like. like aston martin, corvette, BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari, Lambo, etc.

tori said...

very nice bryce! you look good in braces too! :D how do they feel??

Elly said...

o man sounds like you had an eventful trip. and thats an understatement! i hope it was still fun tho. hey, it makes for a good story to tell your grandkids, right???? JK

Unknown said...

Ahahaha.....nice pic bro! ;)

Riley Whittingham said...

yes, you really need em