CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

This Week!

Scine You All Ejoyned my lsat post so mcuh I tghhout I wluod do it aagin! Haha, joking. We just returned from the dunes about two hours ago, unpacked the RV and trailer, backed everything in and I thought I needed to update my blog! The sand car ran GREAT! No breakdowns, we did not get stuck, we did not stay up all night, and we had an awesome time. I hope everyone had a very wonderful Christmas, wither it meant going to Walmart, spending it with your family, or doing whatever else you do. Now, Happy new year! I hope 09' will be great! Wow, what a full week! Monday we decorated the house. Wed. we went down to the food bank in downtown phoenix and got one of those large orange carts and filled it full of food and took that down there, then my God mother came with her two sons and we hung out. Thursday morning we woke up, opened presents, and then prepared for even more guests. We had a ham, Chile cheese rice, cookies, two pumpkin pies, water chestnuts in bacon with a toothpick and MUCH MORE! We all had a great time. Then Friday morning, we packed up and drove all 711/2 feet of us to the dunes! Friday we took onegreat ride down the sand highway. Saturday we got up, took a quick ride, came back and relaxed for a little while. Then we decided to go to Glamis, the main dunes. There is Glamis, Gordon's Well, and Buttercup. Glamis is the main dunes meant for sand cars, Gordon's Well is meant for both sand cars and ATVs, and buttercup is meant for ATVs but sand cars can go anyway's. So we rode 25 miles to Glamis, got a few things, then rode seven more miles to the main vendor area to get lunch. We were about 32 miles away from camp yet we chose to ride in the dunes at Glamis. We then rode back the whole 32 miles, relaxed awhile, and then took Saturday's last ride and we watched the drags. Gordon's Well's drags aren't as big as Glamis but because this was a Holiday weekend, there were LOTS of people there! To give you a rough idea, there is a long line on one side of a hill ( the sand highway ) and people line up and there is a made up starting line where everyone lines up. People take their Sand rails, ATVs, and even trucks to the drags. They are a lot of fun to watch. It's kind of hard to explain. On Sunday, the last day I kind of bit my lip and said what the heck. I got a plastic zip-lock bag and put my camera in it and Hayden sat in the passenger side of the sand rail and video taped Sunday's ride. We are going again Jan 9th 10th and 11th and I will come more prepared but the quality is terrible because of the bag. I could not risk scratching the camera lens so I had to do it this way. The two videos are 325MB and 1.49GB and I am not sure if Blogger will allow me to upload them but I will try anyway.

2 comments:

Elly said...

you sound like you have so much fun going to the dunes and riding around on your ATVs! I would love to try that someday. Happy New Year!

Eve said...

omg, I love the new background!