CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Last Weekend

Well, Right now I'm sitting in the RV with no internet. I just lost the front seat to Hayden because he wanted it. I have nothing to do so I thought I'd start writing my blog early, thus when I get home i can just copy and paste.

I think I may owe some...apologies. Eve and Caroline I think Hayden ruined your weekend. But I will say you kept him quiet the whole RV ride so I guess I owe a thank you too. ;P He had nothing to do this weekend, so in fairness to him...oh wait never mind...lol

Wow...The Sandrail ran great!! This is the first weekend we didn't break anything. With the old car we had yet to make it threw one weekend without having to buy new parts, work on the engine, or be towed in. With its 450 HP Corvette LS2 Engine, It was hauling. On the sand highway which is basically a long strip of sand stretching 22 or so miles which leads onto Glamis the Sandrail hit a top speed of 86.2 according to the GPS. The scary thing is so it has 4 gears and we were in 3...And the pedal was down...HALF WAY! That means we had the rest of 3rd gear AND 4th gear. My dad didn't want to break anything, but he could have easily hit 120, which would have been foolish because any faster then 85 and you almost lost control. Yet, there isn't a word to describe the exhilarating experience this car gives. Then again, there aren’t words to describe Hayden's stuipidness so...Wait...I bet I can think of a few lol. Well I can't wait to come home to a warm shower, a bed, and all the wonderful things of home. I'm basically covered in sand. Oh, we even ran into the guy that sold us his LS2 engine. That guy has a LS7 now and was just beating everyone at the drags. My dad with his brand new car did not want to drag but on Saturday night there was a long line of people lined up to watch the drags. On the big weekends, like Halloweens people will line up for miles and watch drags. Halloween and Christmas are the two big weekends. Back on topic, I'm sore as ever. I can feel every bump I hit and every jerk I hit. On Friday I went on 1 ride, Saturday I went on 4 plus one night ride, and 1 on Sunday. This was the hardest riding I have ever done and on the ATV my top speed was 60MPH. I was keeping up with guys that have twice the power and have been riding 10x more then me (no lies, I’ve been riding 3 years and they have 30 years) The trip worked great though, RV and Trailer 71 feet long provided great shade and it was cool unless you were in the 95 degree heat. I think Hayden sent a text replying the temperature. That was at 8PM (or so) and It was dark. By then, we had already had the campfire and were on our way to bed, well the RV and went to bed at 12 (midnight). Last night we watched SNL (Saturday night live) and it was the skit with Bush (will ferreal) Palin (tina fay) and McCain (don't know him) And Bush wanted to give McCain his endorsement and McCain kept trying to get away and bush kept pulling him back. It was pretty funny and I enjoyed it but I was too tired to remember it quite correct so...

Well I think we may almost be home. (yay)

I guess I will see you all on Monday.


--------------------------------------------


I typed that in the RV going on the I10 to the 51.


Wow, What a weekend!! Friday got up 5AM and packed, We hit the road at about 9AM but had trailer brake problems, so made a stop at the trailer place and they could not fix that so we just continued on. We finally arrived at the Dunes and did NOT want to get stuck so we bounced the whole time finally getting into our camp. We had to put the sand paddles on the sandrail so once we finished that we took "her" out. We ran down the sand highway at about 90MPH. The scary thing is, we could have easily gone faster, MUCH faster. 90 was fast enough so we turned into the actual dunes and started driving. My dad is very inexperienced with the new rail and that was the first time it hit the "sand". He drives it on the street (it's 100% legal) and thats it. He did very well and did not get stuck. We returned to find the guys in our group readying up for a ride. My dad was tired so I joined them. 2 rides on Friday, 5 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday. I'm sore!! Then we got home, unpacked, backed everything in (rv and trailer) and I went in. I walk in and immedtally am asked, "Get in the car, we need to hurry" My sister moved out of her house and Lucky me...I had to help. We unpacked a full large SUV's load of stuff of hers...and it was a 3 story condo and a lot of walking/running up stairs with heavy things in my hands. I'M TIRED! I even stlil have homework due tomorrow (i forgot to bring it ;)


Well lets see, I gotta reply to some comments, dont I.

Ok, I'll start with this: Tori...I do not give Hayden a lot to deal with. He gives it to himself lol. FUN FILLED WEEKEND!!



Oh Almost forgot!! Hayden took a video of My dad driving the sandrail and me Riding the ATV! The video isn't very good (thanks to Hayden) but I didn't want to get sand on my camrea. Lets see...How to post a video...


OK, couple of notes:

1) I did have a shirt on, That was my tan riding shrit (it looks like i'm shritless)
2) That is my dad in the sandrail with the biggest smile you will EVER see on his face
3)I told hayden to take video of ME but he wanted the sandrail too
4) No pictures, sorry they didn't turn out.


Wow...Long post!

4 comments:

Sweet Caroline said...

omg...so thats what a sandrail is...lol

Eve said...

Wow... That looks like a BLAST!!
*still woozy from Hayden's camera work*

tori said...

WOW!!!!....that's soooo cool! that looks sooo fun! nice vid!

tori said...

bryce! u nvr told me that hayden has a blog!!!!!!!!! ....teheh.... ~.^